What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data: Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, address)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with all the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete the contact form on the home page
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Collected from public domain – e.g. website, LinkedIn
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Engage with you directly when requested
- Email you with information on other products and services we think you might like.
We do not share your data
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your contact data in Outlook contacts and/or the current CRM tool with controlled access. Our Company will keep your contact data for ten years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
Our Company may send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
B2M2 Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the web contact form on this website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functional – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office
As applicable to Midas Payment Gateway Services.
1.Data received by flightPOS is specifically related to purchase and payment for products bought onboard aircraft in flight. This policy relates to Personally Identifiable Information and Sensitive Information such as credit card data. Wherever flightPOS collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
2. Personal data transitioning the flightPOS infrastructure is confined to:
a. Email address
c. Seat number
d. Bank card related details
3. Personal data is used as follows:
a. Email address – to deliver a receipt for the transaction
b. Name & Seat Number– Airline reports created by flightPOS require this information along with transaction and flight information for their internal management purposes
c. Bank card related details – for financial settlement of the purchase with the acquirer
4. Personal data is retained or stored in the flightPOS environment. Personal data is removed from the flightPOS system after SEVEN days.
5. flightPOS will not sell, rent or make this data available other than as defined in paragraph 3.